Music theory tutoring at MusicZone helps students navigate the challenging area of music theory and ear training. I enjoy making it as simple as possible for students to understand. Providing them with multiple strategies for both theory and ear training so they can choose which they prefer is also very effective.
I tailor music theory lessons to student needs and interests. By taking lessons you can:
- Learn to identify intervals, scales and chords you hear or read, and how to notate these
- Learn the rules of notating music
- Learn to write down rhythms and melodies that you hear
- Prepare for AMEB theory exams if desired
- Prepare for VCE music exams if desired
Most importantly, if you know what you would like to learn or what you need to learn for an exam, that will be the main focus of your music theory tutoring. Or if you prefer a well-rounded approach with a good grounding in all areas, we can follow that path.